Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Far Reaches of Sound #3 - Sector H

Here's the third song in my album, Sector H. I'd like to point out that I have a fairly random method of naming my music. Much like how I create music, the thought process for naming involves putting down whatever first comes to mind (and maybe fiddling with it afterwards). With Queer Symphony, I thought it had a very symphonic sound to it, and since I saw it as a drastically different form of that sound, I decided to call it a 'Queer' Symphony. Cobalt was much simpler. The thought process went something like this, "Hmm, it sounds very blue to me. But I can't call it blue, that's lame. I should think of other colors that are blue besides blue. Perwinkle? No. Oh, I know! I remember there was a blue Gameboy SP, and the color was called Cobalt! That's it, I'll call it Cobalt!" Now, as for Sector H, I definitely saw a spacey theme here, so I wanted the name to be something sci-fi. Sector was a given (again, whatever pops into my head). At first, I think I had it as Sector 9. Then I realized, much to my chagrin, that 9 didn't really represent anything. Than I thought, "Oh, how about H? The next letter in the alphabet that is outside the musical scale! It's mysterious, and beyond our grasp! Perfect!" And so was born Sector H, which you can download below. And for those having trouble downloading the link due to false advertisement, scroll down a bit and you should find a link that says, "Click here to start download from sendspace" in a blue box with a big blue arrow next to it.

Download Sector H via Sendspace

3 comments:

  1. Love it! It would make excellent music for many custom levels of Doom II, and probably most other FPS games. But it's also nice to just listen to on its own.

    Have you considered using Soundcloud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I did at one point, but I didn't like the limited upload space. That may have changed; I'll take another look at it! And I agree, it does sound like the type of music that would fit well in an Indie FPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, with a free subscription, I only have two hours worth of sounds I can upload. My album would take up at least an hour's worth of that, so I don't see it as a long term prospect.

    ReplyDelete